Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chemo Week 3

Week 3 sucked. The Nausea was worse and the mental fog was worse. I had a bucket next to me most of the treatment just in case the worse happened. I usually only sleep the last 2 days of chemo but I was knocked out by the first day. Then the nurses decided that I needed a little more help so they brought out this patch with a name like a Transformer (Chermegatron or something crazy). That was the day I met my new best friend. The Nausea was still there but the mental fog was lifted. I felt mentally awake from Thursday all the way to today thanks to that patch. My mom and I picked up a script for it Monday and tried to get it filled at CVS. For some insurance reason it needed additional clearance. We asked what the price was if we bought it without insurance and they said the price was $1000 plus dollars. I guess that's why it took so long for them to give me the drug.

Nausea is always a struggle and oddly enough it usually leads me to overeating just to make the pain go away. I'm fine now and ready to rock and roll. One more treatment left to just crush this cancer and any thought of it returning. May God give me strength and heal me. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.

1 comment:

  1. Chris.. I just found out this week about your ordeal. I am praying for you!!!

    You have great strength and perseverance, keep your head up!!

    Mr. Foss

    ReplyDelete